We all know that facebook is one of the biggest Social Networking site with 750 million active user. But when someone searches for your name on search engines (for example Google or Yahoo) they can find your Facebook public search instance (which includes a thumbnail, your name as recorded on Facebook database, your regional network, friends etc) very easily. Making your Facebook Profile accessible from Search Engine is really a factor which can influence your Privacy. Personally I think is very stupid the fact that every person in the world can find you just by typing your name on Google or any other Search Engine. It is a fact that most of Facebook users dont even have idea that their profiles are indexed from Search Engines. So here I am going to show you the way how to prevent your Facebook Profile to appear in Search Engines.
1. Login to your Facebook Account. From the top menu on the right click on Accountand select Privacy Preferences.
2. On the bottom of the page, in the left side, under the Apps and Websites section click on the Edit your settings link.
3. Now again continue at the bottom of the page, just on the left side of Public searchsection click on Edit Settings.
4. In the new page, just uncheck the Enable public search.
5. A dialog window will appear asking you to confirm the changes you want to apply, click Confirm and that is all.
Now your Facebook Profile is safe from Search Engines. If you have any question or something else to add regarding this topic, feel free to comment.